Senior Digital Experiecnce Developer, Office of Marketing and Communications, University of Maryland | College Park, MD | March 2020 - Present
- Serve as a team User Interface and Experience Designer (UI/UX) to design and layout websites by creating wireframes for web and mobile campus partner sites (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite).
- Develop and maintain campus sites built with the content management systems CraftCMS, Drupal and WordPress.
- Design and implemented custom modules, element types, and fields to better enhance the content managers and stakeholders authoring process.
- Design CMS templates based on UMDs branding guidelines, which focus on creating a 508 compliant and user-focused experience.
- Ability to code and accurately replicate mockups into fully fledged websites.
- Project manage and ensure timely completion of assigned project tasks in Agile development sprint.
- Conduct centralized reviews, updates and streamlining of existing website user interfaces and user experiences.
- Compile project requirements to develop the technical scope of work, and approval from campus clients.
- Manage internal and external communication with campus partners and senior management in every aspect of the project timeline from in-take to final sign-off. Lead meetings and presentations to communicate project status.
Senior Web Designer, Office of Marketing and Communications, University of Maryland | College Park, MD | October 2018 - March 2020
- Planned, designed, and created high-end dynamic decoupled websites and statically generated microsites for campus marketing initiatives targeting key constituents.
- Supported the university's online identity by planning, creating, and maintaining the look, layout, and visual identity of websites critical to the mission.
- Utilized the latest industry trends and leveraged engaging interactive elements to launch websites and application designs while adhering to accessibility, usability, and brand guidelines.
- Collaborated with the editorial and communications staff within the Marketing and Communications department to deliver dynamic websites that met specific goals and kept the backend content centralized in one location for standardization across platforms and websites.
- Managed the university calendar project. Worked with the digital team to deliver NextJS and Drupal web projects on time and under budget.
Web Designer, Office of Marketing and Communications, University of Maryland | College Park, MD | September 2016 - October 2018
- Built the front-end portion of Maryland Today (today.umd.edu) and worked with key team members to develop the site. Developed using ReactJS, SASS and Bootstrap. Maryland Today is a decoupled Drupal website that displays the most recent news content.
- Created the overall look and feel of a wide range of digital communication projects using text, graphics, sound, animation, and various digital and visual effects.
- Designed user experience (UX) and user interaction (UI), creating an impactful digital experience, while maintaining a high usability standards.
- Tackled complex assignments and transformed them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for constituents.
- Championed interactivity through a focus on the capabilities and constraints of human cognitive processing.
BoatUS Foundation | Project Administrator | Annapolis, MD | June 2013 - September 2016
- Developed and implemented creative solutions for interactive, print, and web design resulting in projects produced with a strong attention to detail.
- Responsible for the UX/UI of a website that with 950,000+ visitors a year from a nationally visible brand.
- Redesigned and updated a web version of the Annual Report incorporating full screen video content and interactive animations (www.BoatUS.org/Annual-Reports/2014/).
- Utilized web analytics and heat mapping tools to improve page design and user experience, resulting in lower abandonment rate and increasing click through rates.
- Created web templates for course registration pages, AdWords, blog articles among other engagement and content sources.
- Designed and coded e-newsletters and other external communications.
- Built web pages inside and out of a CMS, tasks include HTML page construction and web layout designs.
- Master of Information Management, University of Maryland, College Park, 2019
- Bachelor of Arts, Graphic Design, Roger Williams University, 2013
- Project Management - Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt trained
- American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) Member 2010 - Present
- Earned 20+ Lynda.com Certificates related to Web and Graphic Design Studies
- Attended KelbyOne Live Photoshop Conference