University of Maryland, College Park, Senior Web Developer, Office of Strategic Communications | College Park, MD | March 2020 - Present
- Manage the development and production of the university website by leveraging modern frameworks and implementation of current coding languages, libraries, and structures.
- Gather project requirements to develop the technical scope of work, and approval from campus stakeholders.
- Maintain current portfolio of websites, develop upgrade paths and manage security and code updates as needed.
- Manage communication with campus partners and supervisor in every aspect of the project timeline from in-take to final sign-off, as well as upload/deployment. Lead meetings and presentations when required.
- Keep up to date on digital trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Understand key server and client-side web development concepts through experiences.
- Use knowledge of methods, procedures, techniques and technology availability for web, tablet, mobile and digital projects, accessibility, as well as version control.
University of Maryland, College Park, Senior Web Designer, Office of Strategic Communications | College Park, MD | October 2018 - March 2020
- Plan, design, and create high-end dynamic decoupled websites and statically generated microsites for campus marketing initiatives targeting key constituents.
- Support the university’s online identity by planning, creating and maintaining the look, layout and visual features of websites critical to the university’s mission.
- Utilize the latest industry trends and leverage engaging interactive elements to create websites and application designs while adhering to accessibility, usability and brand guidelines.
- Create and maintain a shared enterprise web design library for use by campus partners and external web developers.
- Collaborate with the editorial and communications staff within Strategic Communications to deliver dynamic websites that meeting specific goals and keeping the backend content centralized in one location for consistency across platforms and websites.
- Manage the university calendar project, with support from the digital and communications team. Worked with digital team to deliver NextJS and Drupal web project on time and on budget.
University of Maryland, College Park, Web Designer, Office of Strategic Communications | College Park, MD | September 2016 - October 2018
- Built front-end portion of Maryland Today (today.umd.edu) and worked with key team members to develop the site. Utilized ReactJS, SASS and Bootstrap skills to build the front-end portion of the website. Maryland Today is a decoupled Drupal website that displays the most recent news content.
- Helped implement AlumnIQ, a university wide email platform. I designed the starter templates used for all email sends through the system.
- Create the overall look and feel of a wide range of digital communication projects using text, graphics, sound, animation, and other digital and visual effects.
- Designed, user experience (UX) and user interaction (UI), creating an impactful digital experience.
- Tackled complex assignments and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for our constituents--prospective students, current students, alumni and donors.
- Developed and maintain best practices for digital brand guidelines.
- Provided interactivity through a focus on the capabilities and constraints of human cognitive processing.
BoatUS Foundation | Project Administrator | Annapolis, MD | June 2013 - September 2016
- Developed and implemented creative solutions for interactive, print, and web design resulting in projects produced with a strong attention to detail.
- Responsible for the UX and UI of a website that with 950,000+ visitors a year.
- Redesigned and updated a web version of the latest Annual Report incorporating fullscreen video content and interactive animations (www.BoatUS.org/Annual-Reports/2014/).
- Utilized web analytics and heat mapping tools to improve page design and user experience, resulting in lower abandonment rate and increasing click through rates.
- Create web templates for course registration pages, AdWords pages, blog articles and more. Designed and coded e-newsletters sent to a list of over 15,000 course users monthly.
- Built web pages inside and out of a CMS, tasks include HTML page construction and web layout designs.
- Master of Information Management, University of Maryland, College Park, 2019
- Bachelor of Arts, Graphic Design, Roger Williams University, 2013
- Project Management - Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt trained
- American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) Member 2010 - Present
- Earned 20+ Lynda.com Certificates related to Web and Graphic Design Studies
- Attended KelbyOne Live Photoshop Conference